Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Look for the Helpers

With everything going on in the world today, it can be easy to want to say that everyone is horrible and that we're doomed. I completely disagree. I think our outrage against the individuals who commit these horrible crimes shows that we have far from accepted these actions as normal.

“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” -Fred Rogers


Today, I'm thankful for the helpers. For everyone who worked so hard to let scared friends and family track down their runners. For the runners who finished a 26 mile marathon and ran another 2 miles to donate blood. For the people who ran toward danger to help, rather than away. For those who sat at home thinking, praying, and donating to causes as well as spreading the word to help others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics