Monday, February 4, 2013

Menu Monday: More Crock Pot kits


I'm making my way through my freezer meals and am finding out that I am not a big fan of the casseroles. Aside from Lasagna, they turn out mushy and the flavor is off. I also found that the meatballs I made 2 weeks ago were not a hit. I like adding carrots for taco meat and sloppy joes, but it does change the flavor significantly for other dishes.


So this week I focused on more Crock Pot kits. Some changes from before:
  • I peeled the veggies. Although the taste was fine last time, the peels got dark and looked unappealing.
  • I did not add the broccoli and Alfredo sauce to the bag. It made it hard to fit in the crock pot once frozen, and the broccoli overcooked. So this time I'll add that a few minutes before serving. 
  • I did not lay the bags completely flat. Sure it helps for storage, but adding a square shape to a round crock pot, then a lid, is annoying. 
I've even gotten my husband on board with the freezer cooking. He made a new set of meatballs, hamburgers, and lots of ground beef cooked for future meals. It was nice spending that time working side by side :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics