Friday, February 15, 2013

Fashion Friday: T-Shirt Necklace

I have a history with t-shirts. I've had some wins (and many fails) when it comes to repurposing them. The T-shirt necklace was something I loved but could never get quite right. Until now.




I had many shirts in my yard sale box that haven't sold. I've tried to sell them 3 times, and if someone won't buy my shirt for 25 cents, I don't think it'll ever sell. So I thought I could just play around with them and be out nothing.

I cut the arms and neck off (just a horizontal line cutting off the upper part of the shirt.

I then cut the shirt into strips and stretched them out.

I gathered the ends and sewed a couple stitches to hold them still.

I divided into thirds and braided about 3/4s of the material I had.

I cut the remaining ends in half (to make it less chunky) then gathered together the ends.

I used a rubberband to hold them still and cut just above the band. I used a hot glue gun and glued the ends together.

I cut the end shirt sleeve off and used that to wrap around both ends and trimmed it to fit.




I was able to make one for my daughter too and have more material play around with. I'd say that's worth more than a quarter to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics