Monday, December 31, 2012

My Goals for 2013


I talked yesterday about how to set goals, so here are mine for the year :)

The first doesn't fit the categories I talked about, but I felt like it was important:

Be a better blogger.

I have a lot of plans for the new year and I am working now to see them through. This doesn't really fit with my SMART goals, but I do have little goals that fulfill this. I just don't want to give it all away just yet ;)

My other goals for 2013:

Health

Work out 3x a week.
Eat Breakfast.
Find and utilize relaxation techniques to cut stress.

Career

Take the Praxis II.
Apply for my Teaching License.
Apply for Teaching positions.


Financial

Pay off the van.
Build a savings account ($X at the start of 2014).
Use budget software to track bills and spending.


Marriage

Have a date night out 6 times.
Have 1 overnight trip without the kids.
Write "love notes" and fill a notebook.


Home & Organization

Create and use an office workspace.
Control 3 clutter areas: Kitchen Counter, Foyer, Laundry room.
Paint my bedroom.


Philanthropy

Donate (time, money, or goods) to a charity each month.
Do 52 acts of kindness (at least 1 per week).
Pick up trash 4 times a year.


Fun

See a musical AND a concert.
Attend the taping of a show.
Visit a new state.

If you have a goal post, link it! :) 

18 comments:

  1. I hope you succeed in your Goals..they sound awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so too. I hope it's a good balance of fun and work.

      Delete
  2. I love your goal to eat breakfast. Mine is to actually remember to eat lunch! I never remember and end up snacking on something unhealthy! And to attend a taping of a show? That's a cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever since I started working, I've skipped breakfast. It's horrible for me and then I snack on sugar to keep my energy up. Not a great cycle so even if it's small I need to eat something in the morning. :) I tried to last year, but Conan never called. SO it's a goal this year :)

      Delete
  3. I like the love notes idea !! And the overnight without the kids sounds quite good aswell x Good Luck with them all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of me wonders if that's a goal, or just a dream ;)

      Delete
  4. It all sounds good.
    I know my hubby would like an overnight trip without the kids.
    I want to get my blog back to the way it used to be where I was posting daily and sometimes more than once a day.
    I have a big savings goal---I want to buy a camper. Saving my change and a dollar here and there, so wish me luck on that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I made that goal with him in mind too. We didn't get time as newlyweds without kids, so we've got to make that time. Good luck on your goal, that would be a really fun purchase!!

      Delete
  5. I wrote a much similar list to yours, and we share some of the same goals as well! Breakfast is big on my list this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see I'm not going it alone! Breakfast is going to be a tough one for me, I made sure to buy little things that would be easy to grab.

      Delete
  6. Great goals! Havinfg specific goals are much more attainable than general ones. I like how you chose goals in all areas of your life..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think that it helped me have more fun with it, I want to be a well-rounded person so my goals can't just be one thing.

      Delete
  7. I love the goal idea vs resolutions. I usually set some goals myself. Sounds like you have all your areas covered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Change is hard, so for me a goal is easier to process than expecting change overnight.

      Delete
  8. Great idea to break it down into easy to manage ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have definitely set yourself some worthy and attainable goals for the year.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics