Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pinterest + Scarf Attempt

Pinterest has been both a blessing and a curse. It shows me so many creative ideas that make me wish I could just close myself up in a craftroom and work forever making cute things. It has also showed me that my drive doesn't always match my talent.

There may have been a recent incident with an old tshirt and a pair of scissors. I won't get into the gory details, but it ended with the nickname "Lawnmower Scarf" and got many... constructive comments from my friends. And less than constructive comments from my husband and sister.

I almost banned myself from the scissors, but I wanted to make some scarves out of shirts that have either gotten holes or that I'm too small for now (victory dance!). One of the shirts that ended in my craft pile was a favorite. When I saw the hole in it, I almost cried. Then I saw this tutorial linked on Pinterest and thought that it looked easy enough that maybe I wouldn't mess it up. Maybe.

You just have to cut under the sleeves and above the hem, then pull it. Seemed easy enough- and the result was this:



[Forgive the goofy face- I was just happy it worked!]

I am in love. I loved the color and texture of this shirt, and now I can wear it all the time with other outfits and in different ways. It literally turned something I would have trashed into something I can really use!

So even if Pinterest and I have our issues, I think overall it is a healthy relationship :) Are you on Pinterest? Follow me and I can follow you for more ideas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics