Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hey there!

Remember me?

Probably not ;)

I don't know what happened, but after vacation I had over 1000 blog entries to read on my RSS feed. Something clicked and I just selected "Mark all as Read." It kind of felt liberating. I have spent so much time focused on saving money, and part of me felt like working for an hour to save $5 is a good thing, but not essential (especially if I'm saving $5 on something I otherwise wouldn't have bought).

So I took a vacation from frugality. Okay not really, I still only bought things I'd need, on sale, etc. I just didn't worry about finding the best deal ever, about clipping every coupon, about tracking every cent. We went out to eat (on a day that kids eat free), we had Starbucks a couple times, we spent Amazon giftcards on luxuries.

I know that what I did would still be considered frugal to most, but probably frivolous to the most extreme bloggers ;)

I feel like it helped me relax before hitting the new school year. My children start next week (!! Next week!) and so do I! I know that I won't have the same amount of time to focus on blogging, saving, and being all-around a frugal mastermind. I think that's a good thing. I mean my blog is Frugal Teacher Mama, Not "the amazing all things Frugal lady" so I'm excited to feature more from those areas.

Never fear- I do have a few giveaways lined up and other frugal deals to look out for :) I just hope that with this new year I'll discover the balance that I have been searching for.

Thank you for sticking with me while I find myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics