Saturday, June 26, 2010

Frugal Finds- Kroger 6/23

It has taken me awhile to get this post up, but I went to Kroger on Wed and though I didn't get as many deals as I had hoped for, I did find quite a few good ones :)

Photobucket

Ronzoni had to be the best deal (and was the reason I went Wed rather than Thurs). They were on sale for $1.00 each box. I combined that sale with 4 coupons:

(1) $1/1 = one free box of pasta
(1) $1/2 = 50 cents per box of pasta
(2) .75/1 = 25 cents per box of pasta

I bought 5 boxes to use the coupons (original price $9.70) and saved $4.70 with the sale and another $3.50 with coupons, spending only $1.50 on 5 boxes of pasta :) I won't use it all this week (and was sure to watch expiration dates) but it was better to get it now with this sale than to wait until I needed pasta to go to the store.

The Kraft Cheese was another pretty good deal. They were on sale for $1.99 for the 8oz packages. I also had a coupon for $1/2. The original price for the 2 packages of cheese would have been $8.38, but with the sale I saved $4.40 and another $1 with the coupon making it only $1.49 per package.

The Kraft Singles were a similar deal, $1.99 each package and I had a $1/2 coupon making them cheaper than the generic cheese at $1.49 a package for a total savings of $4.20.

Lifesavers were $1 each and I had a $1/2 coupon making them 50 cents a bag for a total savings of $3.78.

The marshmallows were $1 each and I had a $1/2 coupon making them 50 cents each.

The Hunts ketchup was more than the Kroger ketchup was at $1.29 (Kroger brand was $1.00) but I had 2 .20/1 coupons that would double for 40 cents off each bottle. This made them only 89 cents each, beating the Kroger price.

The sour cream was on sale for $1 each and I had a .50/2 coupon to use. This made them 75 cents a container.

The Dawn dishsoap was not on sale at $1.49, but the coupon I had was a higher value ($1/1) and would expire soon so I bought it for 49 cents.

Finally the spaghetti sauce was only 88 cents and I felt like it'd go well with all the pasta.

Also a tip that came from making this entry is to check your receipt. I grabbed a 3 pack of chapstick that was clearanced for 75 cents but saw that it rang up for $3.49, so I will be bringing both the receipt and the chapstick the next time I go to the store to get the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics