Friday, March 1, 2013

Fashion Friday: 5 items for a Working Wardrobe

The fact that I'm able to wear clothing that even somewhat goes together is amazing, considering the fact that if I'm not heading out to work, I'm heading to lead Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts, or running errands, etc. I want to look professional, but if I'm wearing the same outfit for 12+ hours I need to have some comfort too.

A lot of what I do is mixing and matching, but there are 5 items that really help me out:



1. Cardigans. The classroom may be freezing, then warm, then freezing again. Having layers really helps when the temperature is unpredictable. It also dresses up a plain t-shirt. Add a necklace and it pulls together an outfit that is effortless.

2. Flats. Of all kinds. Adding a pop of color to an otherwise dull outfit is easy to do with flats, and since I'm on my feet much of the day wearing these won't hurt my feet later.

3. Dark-wash jeans. I'm lucky in that I can wear jeans to work (not just on Friday) but having a dark wash can make me feel like I'm dressing up even if I'm dressing for comfort.

4. Layering tanks. I can make sure a lower cut shirt is work-appropriate, as well as add some more color to my outfit.

5. Jewelry. This is one of the simplest ways to add a pop of color and make an outfit look more than just jeans and a tee. I love funky or different pieces to add even more character to an outfit (and kids love to see the crazy things I wear).


What are your wardrobe staples? I'd love to get some fashion inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics