Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thankful Thursday #6

This weekend I got to get together with some of my friends for a game night (which prompted Sunday's post about game nights), but really the feeling I had when leaving wasn't just that games are fun- it was that I have the best friends ever.



I am so thankful for my group of friends. I moved to this area when I was 18 and by then people my age had friends, I was far from family and I just felt completely alone. That feeling got worse once I had kids. I had my daughter young and felt like I was looked down upon by others and didn't feel like I fit in with other moms my age either. So I spent a lot of time alone.

I found a group of women who were just what I had been hoping for for years. They were funny, nice, and I have developed friendships with them that will be life-long. I am happy now and feel like I'm not completely alone any more.

I'm not just thankful that I have friends (though I am), I'm thankful for THESE friends. The ones that I can laugh with into the wee hours of the night, the ones I can cry to when I'm stressed or upset, the ones that band together to help each other, the ones that will watch your kids with no notice (and who you would do the same for).

They are amazing women and my life is much better now that they are in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics