Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fun Sunday: Lazy Days In




This is probably a cop out, but there are some days that I just need a lazy day in. Working all week is great, being involved in scouts, blogging daily,  having friends and hobbies- all of that is wonderful, but there are days when I need to have nothing on the agenda. That is how I spent my day yesterday. I had friends over for coffee and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening relaxing and avoiding anything that required effort.


I saw that quote on Pinterest and loved it. I find myself falling into the mindset that if I don't have a million things to do that I'm not doing enough. That's just not true. Some of the best days and memories have come from downtime and without going anywhere. It's also so easy to get burnt out by always having something on the list to do.

Some of my favorite ways to enjoy downtime:


  • Watching a well-loved movie. Not a new one, but one I know every word to because then I don't even need the effort of following the plot. 
  • Painting. This can be a mixed bag, if I'm too focused on making something awesome it can be less relaxing. If I just paint, it is. 
  • Grazing. I like to have days I don't have to cook. Having leftovers, easy to grab snacks, and putting off even the freezer meals for a day feels good.
  • Napping. Really, why did we have to get too old for a nap? Sleep is important.
  • Coffee. It's nice to be able to savor a cup rather than down it on my way to work. I may even have a second :) 
How to you spend your downtime? Do you ever make a point to have a destress day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics