Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Kroger's The Truly Awesome™ Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies- BzzAgent Review

I cannot say enough good things about BzzAgent.com. This week I will be featuring not just one campaign, but FOUR that I am currently promoting. I can say that of all the websites that allow you to try out products for free, that BzzAgent has been the most worthwhile. I think if you can only sign up for one, I would choose it.



So now, Cookies! Who doesn't like cookies? Nevermind, I don't want to know!

I love to make cookies with my kids. It is a bonding moment, science lesson, and entertainment all in one. That ends with cookies, what's not to love? Only with school (for both the kids and me), extracurricular activities, a house to clean, sleep, etc we don't bake as often as I'd like to. So when BzzAgent offered me the chance to try and review Kroger's The Truly Awesome Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies- I was happy to oblige. Not only is the name a mouthful, but when they start making the cookies the chocolate chips are the first ingredient- so you'll get a mouthful of those too! Even better, they contain no preservatives or artificial colors so you can feel a little better about eating one..  or three.



I liked these cookies. They were sweet and chocolately, but a little crunchy for my tastes. I liked how big they were, since one could easily be a good treat, though if you can stop at one you have far more restraint than I do! They should really sell the cookies near the milk section of the store, because a tall glass of milk really goes well with these cookies. I also thought they were company quality and brought them along to a carry-in. They tray was empty by the end of the night.

Although I liked them, they weren't quite the same as homemade. One of my favorite parts of having homemade cookies is how chewy and melty they are (melty is a word, look it up) and as I said before, these were a little crunchier than I preferred. A friend said to put them in the microwave and that they would turn into an ooey-gooey treat. I had every intention of doing so until these people discovered the cookies:



To say they approved would be an understatement. They loved the cookies, complete with hot chocolate to increase their chocolate consumption for the day. It's good to know that even when rushed I can give them a treat that feels a little more homey, but for me it won't replace baking cookies. They also retail for $2.79 so it is a quick treat that doesn't break the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics