Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sick Days

I am going away for the weekend (on a trip that involves flying with a baby, arranging childcare for my older 2 and getting my husband ready for a training camp). This was a huge surprise given to me by my amazing sister and I had under 2 weeks to get ready.

Of course my son will start complaining about a sore throat today, 2 days before my flight. So he is missing a field trip (that honestly would have been rained out anyway since it is pouring right now) so I can get him to the doctor and on medication if it is needed asap.

I'm really hoping that it'll work out in the end, but as I look out my window the phrase "when it rains, it pours" feels pretty accurate.

How do you roll with the punches? Has a sick day ever derailed anything big?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics