Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pantry Challenge

Today is Payday and usually that means that I am busy making a list, printing off coupons, and braving the store with 2 boys in tow.

Not today. I don't know if it is the weather or the lack of good sales, but I do not want to shop today. Usually, this backfires and the sales the next week are even worse, but this week I think I am going to take that chance. Our Kroger changes sales on Thursday. So I can either go today and risk better sales tomorrow or wait and see that the ads can get worse.

Looking through my pantry I have discovered that I could easily make meals that last until the next sale cycle. I have meals through Sunday planned already, and could easily make due for 3-4 more days just in case the sales are better next Thursday.

So that is my challenge. If the sales are lackluster tomorrow- I'm on strike ;) I will post a "Pantry Challenge" menu tomorrow if that is the case.

Have you ever lived off your pantry? What creative meals did you come up with? Do you keep a stocked pantry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics