Saturday, November 27, 2010

Use Those Leftovers! Day 2

I love Thanksgiving. The food, the family, the food, the parade, the food, the shopping, the food... ;)

I already posted about Turkey Soup, but if I kept cooking like that I think my family would protest. It also gets really boring eating a turkey dinner each night.

Tonight I made Turkey Chili. This is a good meal because it is cheap even when not using leftovers, but even better when you are! I put in a bit of the turkey meat, beans, peppers, corn, and 2 jars of the tomatoes I canned this summer. I also added in some of the leftover sweet potatoes. It makes the chili more rich, thick, and sweet. It also can be a way to "sneak" in some veggies because they start to fall apart and just make the chili thicker. Even though it uses a lot of the Thanksgiving leftovers, it doesn't feel like you're eating the same meal over and over again.


We also have had turkey sandwiches. That is a perfect "day after Thanksgiving" lunch because it is simple to throw together. If you're more ambitious you can make a "Turkey Salad" instead.

This is only Day 2 of my goal to use up all the leftovers! I'll keep posting the different ways we made a turkey dinner stretch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics