Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Leftovers Day 3

Tonight's leftovers are different than typical Turkey Day food. I had a lot of mashed potatoes so I wanted to mix it up and do something other than reheat them. This made me look at what was in my freezer and forced me to be creative with what we had. We usually do grocery shopping on Wednesdays but since that was the day before the holiday, we did not want to face the crowds. This made me have to be even more creative since we had less to choose from.

I decided on mashed potato pancakes with stroganoff and steamed broccoli.

To make the potato pancakes I whisked an egg and added a little flour, then mixed in the leftover mashed potatoes. Form them into patties and fry the in about 2 tbs of oil.

My easy stroganoff was just browned ground beef, 1 can of beef broth, 1 packet of onion soup mix and 3/4 cup sour cream.

I was able to use leftovers again, but my family didn't have to feel like they were still eating the same meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics