Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Radio Silence.

I haven't meant to be completely silent lately. I'm working on confronting things that stress me, and becoming active rather than an ostrich when it gets hard.

It's been baby steps.

I mentioned dealing with anxiety before, trying to find natural approaches and working through it. Or at least in my head I was going to work through it. After more sleepless nights than restful ones, week long anxiety attacks, and the feeling that I was falling into a pit that I couldn't crawl my way out of, I finally talked to my doctor.

I'm still working through a lot and feel like I have a long road ahead of me, but at least I feel like I'm making progress.

At the same time my daughter has been making progress with a diagnosis. We have more testing this month to see what we can do about her comprehension issues and figure out how to work with her. I think that it hit me, while going through all this testing to help her, that she wasn't weak just because she needed help- so I shouldn't feel weak for asking for it myself.

We learn a lot from our children.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics