Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Fun in the Snow

Oh the weather outside is frightful. We're under a blizzard warning and a lot of the beautiful white stuff is coming from the sky. My city has 4 inches so far and more to come throughout the day.

So far my plan is to spend as much time as I can inside avoiding the cold- but when I can't do that any longer here are some ways to have fun in the snow!


(I wouldn't advise eating yellow snow though!)


Use a spray bottle of water and food coloring and add some color to the snow :)

If going outside seems too cold for you right now, here are a couple ways to have some (warm) snow fun:


Bring a tub of the snow inside to play with. You can use different spoons and kitchen gadgets to explore it (or paint some more of it, watch what happens to the colors when it melts together!).



Scoop a bowl of freshly fallen snow and mix with a can of sweetened condensed milk. Once again, I'd avoid the yellow snow and would not do this if it hadn't just fallen. Otherwise I'd use a snowcone maker to make it :)

I didn't forget those of you who are lucky enough to be in a warmer climate, if you want some fake snow fun make some Cloud Dough







No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics