Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A gift for Coffee Lovers!

I'm a Coffeemate Brew Crew member and was given the idea to make my own coaster using a ceramic tile and a sharpie. Since I had both on hand after making photo coasters, I was excited to try this!


I think it turned out really cute, but even after letting it dry it smeared a bit. I googled to see if it would be okay after baking, but someone beat me to testing it and said it smeared then too. :(

So my next step was to try an acrylic sealant. It seemed to hold up a lot better using that though it affected the look a little.

I love this idea since I am working on a coffee-themed kitchen! I love the Coffeemate White Chocolate Caramel Latte (a whole latte! ;) ) so adding this little touch to my kitchen is fun and will be a great addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics