Thursday, August 30, 2012

What's in the Book Bag?



Ever since getting a Kindle Fire, I feel like I fly through books. I don't have to worry about losing my spot or having little hands tear the pages or color on them.

So I thought I'd share the books I'm currently enjoying (and also the ones the kids can't get enough of!).



 Due to my sister's insistence I've started A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire) by George R.R. Martin. I like the book so far, but it is one that I have to really pay attention to while reading or else a few pages later I'm really confused.

My 6 year old son has discovered The Lorax by Dr. Seuss after watching the movie. He asks me to read it every night, and I can't resist. Though I haven't gotten through it without tearing up. "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

My 9 year old daughter is still hooked on Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park. The latest one she checked out of the school library was Aloha-ha-ha and since today was the day to turn the books back in and it's still on the table, I think she wasn't ready to give it back. Oops. 

What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics