Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Mother Poem


Some houses try to hide the fact that children shelter there,
Ours boasts of it quite openly, the signs are everywhere,
For smears are on the windows, little smudges on the door;
I should apologize, I guess, for toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with the children and we played and laughed and read,
And if the windows do not shine, their eyes will shine instead.
And when at times I'm forced to choose the one job or the other,
I want to be a housewife, but first I'll be a mother.


A friend shared this with me and  cried reading it. It really helped me accept that my house will always have toys out of toy boxes and that the moment I get a mirror clean will be the moment that my kids start to make silly faces in it :) 

I wanted to display it, so I printed the poem with room for my kids' hand prints. It is simple, but I really love how it turned out. I put it in our entrance way. It gives a kind of warning for what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics