Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bringing back organization.

Since moving a few months ago, my life has felt chaotic. The whole process happened so quickly, we went from just checking to see how much we could be approved for to buying a house in less than 2 months. I get anxious over change, and 2010 really tested my ability to roll with it. I have a baby and a house that I didn't have at this time last year :)

So now it is time for me to develop a new routine. I fight change so much that I tried to keep hold of my old routines in my new settings and this has not worked at all. I feel overwhelmed at the end of the day and have a hard time balancing all of the different roles I fill in this house.

I am working on:
  • A new cleaning schedule (bigger house = more upkeep)
  • A menu plan (no more playing "what's for dinner?")
  • A better homework routine (my daughter is struggling in a subject and needs more reinforcement, my son begins Kindergarten in August and I want to be sure he is ready).
  • A better Blogging pattern (I am so excited about the new prospects that I will lose hours planning. I need to be more efficient with my time). 
  • Creating a portfolio (I want to start back at school prepared to finish).
This seems like a lot, but careful planning will make it be less overwhelming than trying to tackle it all at once.

How do you keep your household running smoothly? Are there any organizational tips you can't live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics