Monday, January 1, 2018

New year- Same me

I love the start of a new year. It seems so fresh and without mistakes, but I feel like I need to apply that perspective to each new day! It's one of my goals for this year, to be more mindful about my life. Wherever I am, that's where I am.


1. My home is usually a mess. I know that part of it is that we live busy lives and sometimes have "drop and go" days. I also know that part of that is an excuse because I put off the little things until they are big things, and then feel overwhelmed by it all. I'm not happy when my home is a mess and since it bothers me, I want to fix it. It won't be perfect, but it'll be better.

2. This one is a usual goal, but I know how I can reach it. I work out often and intensely, but you can out eat any workout plan, and that's what I've been doing. I will control my portions, and practice the 80/20 approach to eating. I'm human and won't pass up a treat, but I know that overindulging isn't worth it.

3. Mindfulness can feel like a buzz word, but for someone with anxiety I feel like it's something I need to practice more. So often I have my lists going on and am planning the next thing I need to do while I'm spending time with my family, friends, or even having a moment of peace. This needs to stop.

4. This is a fun goal. My goal for 2017 was to squat 125 and I blew that away by squatting 155. I just think it would be fun to see that number grow. I love the feeling of getting stronger each day!

5. My marriage is important to me, but usually it gets the backburner due to kids, my job, and everything else that I feel responsible for. Usually I feel like my husband would just understand, but I don't feel like that's fair to him, or to us, at all. I want to spend more time with him and make our relationship a priority.

6. We racked up some debt this year and have some big expenses coming up. Some fun (like vacations) and some not-so-fun (plumbing repairs- ugh), but important to us and things we can afford if we spend responsibly. I would feel so much better without this debt hanging over my head.


SO those are my goals for this year! What do you hope to accomplish this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics